Answered By: Todd White
Last Updated: Jan 19, 2018     Views: 72

Yes, there are.

When you are looking for journal articles in social work, one of first places to start is a database called SocINDEX with Full Text. Access is available on our database menu:  

A simple search to get started could look like this.

First, start by heading to our database menu and access SocINDEX with Full Text.

a). When you have accessed SocINDEX with Full Text, follow the link for "advanced search" which is located below the single, main search box.

b). Advanced Search gives you the option of combining three search boxes. In the first, type homelessness.

c). In the search box directly below the first (preceded on the left by the word "and") type policy.

d). Now click on the blue search button.

e). You should get almost 1,000 hits. Now, on the left-hand side of the screen, you can check a box for "Scholarly (peer-reviewed) journals." Do this. You will then be prompted to update your results. Click on the update box.

You should now have a group of over 500 citations. At this point you can start browsing to see if there are articles you will want for your paper. If you drag your cursor over the yellow magnifying glass/file, it will pop up an abstract for the article.

For more information related to social work and library resources, visit of Social Work LibGuide at:

Good luck with your paper.

Related Topics

Contact Us

College of St. Scholastica Library
1200 Kenwood Avenue
Duluth, MN  55811

Phone: 218.723.6140

Fax:  218.723.5948

Text:  218.422.6942