Answered By: Todd White
Last Updated: Jun 15, 2015     Views: 89

Yes, there are two ways for you to get your article without paying SA (and a rule to always remember, come to the library before you ever pay for an article).

Preferred way - the library has SA in print for the last ten years. Come down to the library, and head up to the second floor. Older journals are arranged alphabetically by journal title. Find your year, locate your article, and use the photocopier on the second floor (10 cents per page).

The other way - you can create an Interlibrary loan request, which is standard procedure if we do not have the journal in print. Here is why we would prefer you not do this ... the library is a world based on sharing, with an ethic of trying to provide as much as we can to our patrons at no cost to them. Part of this ethic involves libraries being responsible. If you make an ILL request for an article that we can provide in print, then someone at another library will be doing the work that we can do. Also, we are receiving 50+ ILL requests a day, and to process a request for something that is available on the shelf slows down the gears for everyone in the CSS community.

If you are a distant student, you may request the article through our ROVER service:

Hope to see you in the library.

Related Topics

Contact Us

College of St. Scholastica Library
1200 Kenwood Avenue
Duluth, MN  55811

Phone: 218.723.6140

Fax:  218.723.5948

Text:  218.422.6942