Answered By: Todd White Last Updated: Jun 15, 2015 Views: 17
It will take a few step for you to build a search on this topic. Here they are –
1. Access Business Source Complete from our menu of business & technology databases - http://libguides.css.edu/content.php?pid=167270&sid=1409512
2. If the top toolbar of BSC, click on “thesaurus.”
3. In the search box directly below “Browsing: Business Thesaurus” enter the term “family-owned business enterprises” and click browse.
4. From your results, check the box to the immediate left of “family-owned business enterprises” and also the box on the far-right that says “explode” (this will retrieve related sub-headings).
5. Click on “add.” This will move the terms to the top search box. Click on search.
6. You should have over 8,000 results. Now clear out the top search box and enter (including the quotes) – “case study”. Click on search. This should retrieve over 50,000 results.
7. Click on search history, and when you are at the history screen, clear out the search.
8. Now, highlight the boxes in front of your two searches and click on “search with AND.”
9. You should now have approximately 160 articles that are case studies about family businesses. We don’t know if they are about growth. You will have to now browse titles and read abstracts to see if they fit the bill you are looking for.