Answered By: Todd White
Last Updated: Jun 15, 2015     Views: 177

I assume you are looking for a scholarly, or peer-reviewed article on child abuse?

There are a number of different ways to do this, and depending on how many articles you need and what program you are in, this may affect our choices.

But, let's keep it simple for now -

a). Head to our our database menu for social works -

b).  Log in to SocINDEX with Full-Text.

c). Beneath the search box is a link for "advanced search." Click on it.

d). When you get to the advanced search screen, your cursor will be in the upper left-hand search box. Type in "child abuse."

e). To the immediate right of that box is another search box with "Select a field (optional)" in it. Use the drop down arrow on the right-hand side of the box to change the default to "SU subject terms"

f). Click on search. You should retrieve over 10,00 results.

g). Now in the left-hand menu, choose "scholarly (peer-reviewed) and click on "update" when the mini-screen appears.

This should give you over 9,000 articles. If you move your cursor over the yellow folder icon with each article it will bring up a pop-up menu with the article's abstract.

Now, unless you have a specific aspect of child abuse you are looking at, you should just be able to do some browsing.

Good luck.

Related Topics

Contact Us

College of St. Scholastica Library
1200 Kenwood Avenue
Duluth, MN  55811

Phone: 218.723.6140

Fax:  218.723.5948

Text:  218.422.6942